How movement disorders specialists can define the activity issues?
More than half of the patients in the rehabilitation branch of medicine are patients who cannot regulate an efficient activity, be served independently, and need remote aid — people with motion disorganization. Medicine is an area of prescription that sets down itself a goal — during neurologist movement disorders rehabilitation treatment of patients suffering from illness of the bothered process, foremost, to return to their motor role.
Types of movement disorders and kinds
It can be classified for the reasons that lead to their extension and the nature of the appearance.
- Sensitive. It can occur due to polyneuropathy or with diseases of the spinal cord (multiple sclerosis, tumor), with a deficiency of vitamin B12. The patient’s movements are characterized by movement disorders neurology as a high rise of the leg, lowering the leg with force (“stamping gait”).
- Vestibular. Violation of balance, characterized by ataxia, dizziness, nausea, vomiting.
- Cerebellar movement disorders impact factor. The patient cannot coordinate movements with his eyes closed and in the dark, but movements remain normal if the patient can see. There can be falls when walking. Speech may be slurred, slowed down, and the reaction worsens. The handwriting is deteriorating.
- Cortical. Movement disorders neurology dysfunction of the cortex of the anterior lobe of the brain.
- Psychogenic (hysterical movement disorders symptoms). Change in walking (along a broken line, skater walking, braiding, walking on stilts). Such changes, as a rule, are not observed in the organic pathology of the central nervous system.
- Hereditary types of movement disorders.
Reasons mentioned by movement disorders specialist
The basis of most disorders of motor activity is made up of functional activity in the basal ganglia of various origins. Most often, the growth of neurology movement disorders are caused by degenerative diseases, both congenital and acquired:
- due to taking certain medications;
- the failure of organism systems;
- infections of the central nervous system movement disorders impact factor;
- with ischemia of the basal ganglia.
In some cases, the formation of complications of neurologist movement disorders associated with infectious diseases.
Prevention of coordination disorders
Prevention of ataxia can be the regular movement disorders specialist treatment and restriction of diseases that cause it. This is the exclusion of the factor of poisoning with alcohol, chemicals, drugs, control over the level of vitamins and minerals in the body, a healthy lifestyle, and sports.
Urgent measures by movement disorders specialist
The use of urgent measures is necessary for patients in the form of paralysis of some muscles — for example, paralysis of the diaphragm, respiratory muscles, bulbar palsy, ascending paralysis, Werdnig-Hoffmann spinal amyotrophy, ascending myelitis, and other neurology movement disorders.
Patients should be desperately hospitalized in the intensive aid part, transferred to mechanical ventilation. Imperative hospitalization in the department is furthermore a movement disorders specialist specified for people distress from hemi- or tetraplegia. Patients with suspected central or peripheral paralysis related to injuries of the spinal cord and brain, as well as nerves and plexuses of movement disorders symptoms, are committed to the section of neurosurgery or traumatology.